Which entities are extracted when the Named Entity Annotator is used?
U.S. cities, countries, dates
locations, organizations, persons
universities, countries, IBM products
proper names, automobile makes, locations
Which statement is NOT true about exporting documents from a search collection?
Export crawled documents
Export analyzed documents
Export documents via deep inspection options
Export documents that match a user's search conditions
Which CANNOT be done in search server administration?
limit searching the collection to a range (scope) of documents
predetermine URIs to be returned for certain keywords and phrase
configure the amount of space to allocate for cached search results
eliminate some specific search results from being displayed for specified users
The 'esadmin' command is recommended to be executed at which server?
Master (or index) server
Document processing server
Which of the following statements is NOT true?
Facet values are displayed in the facet tab of the search application.
To explicitly create facets for the search application, you first create search fields and then map the search fields to the facet.
For a flat facet or hierarchical facet to be displayed in the search application, a facet value must occur in at least one document that matches the search conditions.
If you want to use faceted navigation in the search application or run queries for faceted search in your custom application for a secure collection, you must disable post- filtering of documents that are returned in the search results.
Which of the following statements is NOT true?
During link analysis, linked documents are automatically retrieved and indexed with the anchor text in the link.
When you create a collection and select the option to rank documents by the number of links to documents, link analysis is automatically enabled.
Link analysis must be manually enabled in the administrative console, even if the option to rank documents by the number of links to documents is selected.
To ensure that the maximum amount of system resources is dedicated to building the index, the link analysis process runs only when the index build process is paused
The 'esadmin export' command can perform which operation?
Exports all system logs
Exports the query statistics
Exports the crawled documents
Exports a collection configuration
What export format would require a custom export plug-in?
case management system
Which is NOT a type of crawler plug-in?
Web crawler plug-in
What is a benefit of enabling the document cache option for a collection?
It enables all content for indexing.
It stores indexing information only.
It enables the system to recognize changes in crawler security.
It makes recrawling of documents unnecessary after enabling a new annotator.
Go For It
if you happen to are seeking a website that claims to support you out along with your testing wants it is difficult to discover one which tells the fact. that is why be sure to analyze TestsLive. They definitely are the best website for your IBM LOT-987 (Administering IBM Lotus Connections 2.5) wants. that you would be able to follow as many times as you desire so that you can be competent for the examination. I discovered that I did not have any look at various anxiety after I used this web page and i am certain that you'll suppose the equal means. So, you really may still simply go for it.
- From Cedric D. Pullen
A premium examine ebook at a beneath top class price
they say you get what you pay for but, that is not the case with the IBM LOT-987 examination e book from TestsLive; you get means more than you pay for. They not handiest give you a ebook they offer you a book that will surpass what you want. You can have questions from the genuine examination and the solutions to those questions to analyze every time you want; the splendid part about limitless entry. you'll pass the examination with a fine ranking and simplest must take it as soon as. TestsLive you could cost so much greater; thank you for not doing it.
- From Alexis Gerasimow
Saved Me Hours
the first time I took a certification examination I can't bear in mind the tons of of hours I spent gathering counsel and gaining knowledge of on the library. This time due to TestsLive and the IBM LOT-987 (Administering IBM Lotus Connections 2.5) examination simulator, that didn't ensue again. I spent about five minutes making my purchase and hit the down load icon; how plenty less demanding might which have been. In that brief amount of time I had every thing I mandatory at my disposal. I obtained questions and solutions to examine with together with apply assessments. With the entire hours I saved I had time to read 000-583 a fine novel in between. I acquired my certification and am engaged on inserting it to decent use. This product can prevent time; use it!
- From Andy Klavins
I kind of felt like i used to be in an asylum
i do know that sounds relatively loopy, but that's how i used to be feeling when i used to be trying to get read 000-583y for the IBM LOT-987 certification examination. i believed to myself that there was simply no manner would I ever be in a position to put all of that suggestions in my brain and get it to come back again out when i used to be able to take the examine. well.....TestsLive helped show me wrong. I started your application and that i became shocked at how smartly I could remember now not handiest facts aspects, situations, and many others., however genuine tests questions. you have got one captivating and astonishing product my chums. Thanks for doing such a great job.
- From Kenneth Kulik
here is the newest installment of Reexamination Requests from our chums at Reexamination Alert….
the most commercially gigantic requests filed final week are probably the ones filed by means of Whirlpool against two LG refrigerator patents (Inter partes Nos. (4) & (5) beneath). LG sued Whirlpool for infringement of these patents a bit more than a year ago. In early 2008, Whirlpool filed an ITC criticism in opposition t LG for a couple of patents protecting fridges (Inv. No. 337-TA-632), and in February of this 12 months, the fee issued its closing determination discovering no violation of section 337.
also of interest is a request filed by means of DexCom in opposition t an analyte sensor patent owned by using TheraSense (Ex parte No. (9)).
here inter partes requests have been filed:
(1) ninety five/001,477 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,588,048 having Ying-Che Huang as its first named inventor and entitled AIR PUMP NOZZLE. Filed November 2, 2010 with the aid of Jiun-Wei Chang.
(2) 95/001,478 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,062,514 owned by Elbert Harris living have confidence and entitled development venture SUBMITTAL management. Filed November 2, 2010.
(3) ninety five/001,479 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,316,614 having Michael J. Dietz as its first named inventor and entitled formula AND equipment FOR CONDUCTING A SWEEPSTAKES. Filed November 2, 2010 via VS2 global Communications, Inc. The ‘614 patent is presently the area of a litigation styled Houchin v. VS2 international Communications, LLC et al. (M.D.N.C., Case No. 1:08-cv-00368-WO-PTS, filed June three, 2008).
(four) ninety five/001,480 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,484,382 owned via LG Electronics Inc. and entitled refrigerator. Filed November 3, 2010 by Whirlpool corporation. The ‘382 patent (together with the ‘475 patent – see below) is currently the field of a litigation styled LG Electronics u.s.a.A., Inc. et al. v. Whirlpool supplier et al. (D.N.J., Case No. 2:09-cv-05142-GEB-ES, filed Oct. 7, 2009).
(5) ninety five/001,481 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,490,475 owned by LG Electronics Inc. and entitled fridge. Filed November 3, 2010 by using Whirlpool service provider. The ‘475 patent (together with the ‘382 patent – see above) is currently the field of a litigation styled LG Electronics americaA., Inc. et al. v. Whirlpool supplier et al. (D.N.J., Case No. 2:09-cv-05142-GEB-ES, filed Oct. 7, 2009).
(6) 95/000,581 (paper filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,695,312 owned via Ford world applied sciences, LLC and entitled cord WRAP AND energy PLUG RECEPTACLE association FOR INFLATOR. Filed October 27, 2010 by TEK S.r.l.
(7) 95/000,582 (paper filed) – assistance now not at present accessible.
(8) 95/000,583 (paper filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,825,422 owned by way of FormFactor, Inc. and entitled INTERCONNECTION factor WITH CONTACT BLADE. Filed November 1, 2010. The ‘422 patent (along with the ‘315 patent – see beneath) is presently the area of a litigation styled FormFactor, Inc. v. Micro-Probe Inc. et al. (N.D. Cal., Case No. 4:10-cv-03095-PJH, filed July 14, 2010).
And right here ex parte requests were filed:
(1) ninety/011,309 (electronically filed) – assistance now not presently accessible.
(2) ninety/011,310 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,568,964 owned by means of Ganz and entitled gadget AND formulation FOR TOY ADOPTION AND marketing. Filed November 1, 2010.
(3) 90/011,311 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 5,915,131 owned with the aid of Apple Inc. and entitled formula AND equipment FOR dealing with I/O REQUESTS utilising SEPARATE PROGRAMMING INTERFACES TO entry SEPARATE I/O features. Filed November 1, 2010.
(four) 90/011,312 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 7,026,728 owned via Siemens Aktiengesellschaft and entitled formulation OF improving AIRLINE luggage INSPECTION. Filed November 2, 2010. The ‘728 patent is at present the subject of two litigations, styled go back and forth Sentry, Inc. v. Tropp (E.D.N.Y., Case No. 1:06-cv-06415-ENV-RLM, filed Dec. four, 2006) and Tropp v. Conair business enterprise et al. (E.D.N.Y., Case No. 1:08-cv-04446-ENV-RLM, filed Nov. 3, 2008).
(5) ninety/011,313 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,685,852 owned via prevalent electric powered business and entitled PHOSPHOR BLENDS FOR producing WHITE easy FROM close-UV/BLUE mild-EMITTING gadgets. Filed November 2, 2010.
(6) ninety/011,314 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 5,841,099 owned by Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. and entitled formulation employing UV LASER PULSES OF numerous power DENSITY TO form DEPTHWISE SELF-LIMITING BLIND VIAS IN MULTILAYERED goals. Filed November three, 2010.
(7) ninety/011,315 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 5,792,753 owned by means of Jagotec, AG and entitled COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING HYALURONIC ACID AND PROSTAGLANDIN-SYNTHESIS-INHIBITING medication. Filed November three, 2010. The ‘753 patent is presently the discipline of a litigation styled Nycomed US Inc. et al. v. Tolmar, Inc. (D.N.J., Case No. 2:10-cv-02635-KSH-PS, filed can also 21, 2010).
(eight) 90/011,316 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 5,855,343 owned by way of GlobalMedia group, LLC and entitled camera CLIP. Filed November four, 2010.
(9) 90/011,317 (electronically filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,484,046 owned by means of TheraSense, Inc. and entitled ELECTROCHEMICAL ANALYTE SENSOR. Filed November 5, 2010 by DexCom, Inc.
(10) ninety/009,842 (paper filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,988,538 owned via Hussmann business enterprise and entitled MICROCHANNEL CONDENSER meeting. Filed October 27, 2010.
(11) ninety/009,843 (paper filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,441,315 owned through FormFactor, Inc. and entitled CONTACT structures WITH BLADES HAVING A WIPING movement. Filed November 1, 2010. The ‘315 patent (together with the ‘422 patent – see above) is at present the discipline of a litigation styled FormFactor, Inc. v. Micro-Probe Inc. et al. (N.D. Cal., Case No. 4:10-cv-03095-PJH, filed July 14, 2010).
(12) ninety/009,844 (paper filed) – U.S. Patent No. 6,655,640 owned by means of Mike’s teach residence, Inc. and entitled manage, SOUND, AND operating system FOR model TRAINS. Filed November four, 2010. The ‘640 patent is currently the field of a litigation styled Mike’s instruct condo, Inc. v. Broadway restrained Imports, LLC et al. (D. Md., Case No. 1:09-cv-02657-WDQ, filed Oct. 13, 2009).
Tags: Electrochemical Analyte Sensor, ex parte requests, inter partes requests, LG Electronics u.s.Inc. v. Whirlpool service provider et al., PAIR, Reexamination Requests, TheraSense Inc., USPTO
The London Mayor is the primary grownup we recognize to make use of fracking as an alternative of cracking. (image: www.shutterstock.com)
Britain may still get fracking, says the Mayor of London in a surprisingly special intervention into the united kingdom's power policy. We supply 10 of his claims the as soon as over within the equal good humour as he makes them - albeit with far, some distance too many numbers.
1) The charge of eliminating their [nuclear] spent fuel rods is put at about £100 billion – more than the value of the entire electricity they have got produced considering that the Fifties.
real - probably
This refers to a piece of writing within the Sunday times which provides up the can charge of decommissioning with the charge of nuclear energy stations and compares it to the charge of energy generated from Nuclear vigour calculated in modern-day costs. Mr Johnson looks to have unnoticed the construction charge, discussed within the article.
2) a brand new building just like the Shard needs 4 times as plenty juice because the complete city of Colchester
False - external source.
The zelo-highway weblog points to an impartial article by which The Shard's architect argues the building makes use of less energy than a town of eight,000. Colchester, it points out, has a inhabitants of 104,000.
3) the entire contribution of wind vigour remains only about 0.four per cent of england’s needs.
it's doubtful what gadgets Mr Johnson skill right here. Does he mean our electrical energy or power - which contains, for example, the gas we burn for heating or oil we burn for transport.
in terms of our electricity needs, wind generated 16Twh of power in 2011 compared to complete era of 364.9Twh. That works out at 4.4%. extraordinarily modest by using European requisites. The govt needs total renewable era to triple from 9.4% in 2011 to 30% through 2030.
most likely the Mayor intended energy. if so you wish to divide wind era in 2011 through simple demand in that year. via our calculations you get 0.6%, which is closer - but nonetheless no longer 0.4. or not it's likely there's a calculation which yields that number for power - we simply don't have it to hand.
4) we are avoided from putting in a new equipment of coal-fired power stations, due to the fact that that might breach our commitments below Kyoto.
False - but we're being pedantic.
Our commitments under Kyoto do not specify what we can and might't build, they relate to emissions. The executive has decided to rule out coal new build as one of the most 'least can charge' methods of decreasing emissions.
5) we're hence increasingly and humiliatingly based on Vladimir Putin’s gasoline
Figures from UK change info suggest we don't import any gas in any respect from Russia.
We do import loads of fuel from Qatar which - coincidentally - helped to build the energy guzzling (curiously) Shard.
6) ..Or on the atomic vigor of the French state.
We imported four.7Twh of (almost actually) atomic power from the French state. it is 1.3% of our electrical energy wants. Some may locate even this modest stage of imports from France utterly humiliating.
7) there's a number of the stuff [shale gas], interestingly – about 1.three trillion barrels - we might vigour our toasters and dishwashers for the foreseeable future.
once again with the instruments. gas, being a gas, would not definitely are available in barrels. Oil comes in barrels. We presume Mr Johnson supposed barrels of oil equal (BOE).
through our (rough and competent) calculations 1.3 trn BOE of fuel works out at 7,293 trn cubic toes of gas, which is, as Boris could put it, oodles greater than anybody, anyplace, has estimated for the uk.
Oddly, it be additionally more than the main estimate for global recoverable shale reserves from the us energy information agency - which is 6,622 trn cubic ft. nevertheless this is practically actually a legit international reserve number, he should not have made it up (would he?).
in response to 2009 world consumption (EIA) that might figure out at about 69 years value of new gasoline bringing complete substances, on 2009 consumption, to 130 odd years or thereabouts (pass me yet another envelope).
The biggest present aid estimate for the uk comes from Cuadrilla at 200trn cubic toes and would equate to around 69 years of UK fuel consumption.
but there's a snag.
As Cuadrilla established to us (and any one else who asks) that number is never a 'recoverable' or reserve estimate of what we are able to actually get out of the ground. or not it's additionally no longer truly a complete aid estimate - as it most effective covers the Cuadrilla enviornment, the Bowland Shale.
Numbers on recoverable shale are mentioned in the proof to Parliament's power and local weather trade committee by way of the British Geological Survey and analysed by using the quite impartial energy Contract enterprise.
Estimates for recoverable shale in Cuadrilla's patch differ from 2tcf to 10-20 tcf. Estimates for total recoverable UK shale from 20-40tcf but really as Professor Bradshaw from the BGS put it; "we easily do not know".
based on what little we do recognize the recoverable reserves are equal to between six and thirteen years of existing UK consumption.
once again although, there is a different aspect to take note of - how quick you could get it out of the floor.
A file with the aid of the energy Contract enterprise, coated in the toes suggests every year construction of two.1m cubic feet a day by 2030.
it really is about half existing North Sea creation, which is expected to decline sharply.
This report suggests, therefore, that even as shale can also atone for the autumn in creation from the North Sea, it is going to not raise UK gasoline production or make the united kingdom self-satisfactory in fuel.
Cuadrilla has lately supplied figures to Poyry suggesting they might extract practically the exact same amount each and every yr from the Bowland shale alone by 2035.
this is about 21% of complete UK demand. This state of affairs leaves the uk fifty eight% dependent on imports - in comparison to 78% devoid of shale.
The whole factor is based on estimates of estimates. clean estimates are expected from the British Geological Survey (BGS) within the New year.
unless that occurs, and until the examine drilling is performed to figure out recoverable volumes, Mr Johnson's claims appear unproven.
eight) through offering the hope of low-priced electrical energy
Unproven - or not it's provide and demand.
or not it's challenging to prove or disprove a 'hope' exceptionally for one of these rare and treasured beast as 'cheap electrical energy'. however there is proof to suggest warning.
1) Comparisons with the united states, the place shale gas pushed down power prices, are doubtlessly misleading.
gasoline - being once more, a gas - is relatively difficult to export (the component concerning the lack of barrels) and the USA did not have any infrustructure to achieve this.
hence when a lot of new gas wells got here on-movement the nation experienced a 'gas glut' pushing down the cost under the IEA's estimates of the charge of construction.
because of its North Sea infrastructure the uk is alread 000-583y a 'fuel hub' with two European interconnector pipelines and massive LNG ports. indeed despite falling North Sea production and rising imports UK exports in fact reached list levels last 12 months.
it be hard to have a gasoline glut in a gas hub. in its place, identical to North Sea oil, UK shale fuel should be bought to optimum bidder from everywhere and so do little to in the reduction of UK prices.
An estimate through Poyry based on Cuadrilla statistics found that UK expenses could be 2% lower in 2030 than they in any other case would have been devoid of shale, four% decrease in the mid 2020's.
That forecast was in keeping with Poyry's old evaluation for Ofgem and used a mannequin of global gasoline demand and creation. The price change, in short, does not come from shale in the UK by myself.
2) lower fees could come from global shale gasoline construction, now not UK creation on my own (though it surely plays its half).
towards this, however, gas demand from Asia is anticipated to keep rising sharply - specifically if the gasoline price falls - and traditional construction equivalent to that from the North Sea is likely to maintain falling.
All in the entire IEA forecast that even in a surest case, through which all reasonably recoverable reserves are extracted, European gas expenditures stay 40% above their 2010 degrees and just a little higher than they are nowadays.
should still technical, financial or political obstacles emerge then prices are likely to be over sixty three% above 2010 degrees.
3) global expenditures will most effective fall if shale is extracted at scale outside of the united states.
There are some signs the 'Golden age' might also falter - in part for political factors.
France has banned drilling entirely and Exxon withdrew from Europe's most developed market, Poland citing issues extracting the gas there.
in comparison to Europe - and to an extent China - the U.S. has very distinctive geology with better ranges of public acceptance of drilling, a developed onshore oil and gasoline industry and decrease population density.
within the US you personal the land you stand on - using incentives for drilling and decreasing the nimbyism which limits highway constructing, renewable power and shale gas fracking in Europe.
That pointed out, huge-scale state led extraction in China could once more change the video game on gasoline.
four) Most shale is anticipated to return on stream after the united kingdom decarbonises or not it's vigor sector so could have a confined impact on expenses.
Poyry's file into Cuadrilla's shale expects production beginning in earnest within the early 2020's, peaking through to 2035.
through that factor carbon fees may have risen significantly and UK generation from gasoline is expected to be falling as the executive objectives partial or full decarbonisation of the power sector with the aid of 2030.
A document by means of the Committee on climate exchange discovered that thanks to rising carbon prices the charge of electrical energy from gas will stay better than vigor from clear energy - however the price falls because of shale.
this is to say shale can simplest extensively reduce electrical energy expenses if the united kingdom abandons carbon pricing and continues to generate a major quantity of its vigor from gasoline during the 2030's.
The only approach to square the circle may be be for the executive to make investments substantially more than at present envisaged on carbon capture and storage tied to gasoline vigor stations.
regardless of those facets or not it's a fool who predicts the fuel expense.
Falling oil expenditures due to shale oil, or a drop in international demand because of a 2d world-broad recession may with no trouble crash the cost of gas. in the end, or not it's the market - dull.
6) The extraction manner on my own would generate tens of heaps of jobs in elements of the nation that desperately wants them.
Cuadrilla has forecast that it's operations within the UK might generate 5,600 jobs with around 1,seven hundred of them being in Lancashire over nine years - possibly a 'part of the country that desperately wants them'.
Shale drilling is also expected to take area in the Mendips and East Sussex the place Cuadrilla are prospecting. Boris may, or may not, regard these areas as areas the place jobs are desperately needed.
within the US shale is credited with growing 500,000 jobs however gigantic quantities of these aren't in drilling however quite influence from the reduce power fees which may additionally, or can also no longer, be replicated right here (see above).
Shale in the UK however would generate revenues for the Exchequer and could - if reserves are adequate - support the uk's steadiness of payments as Poyry aspect out regardless of what influence it has on jobs or expenses.
7) And notably, the burning of gas to generate electricity is an awful lot, tons cleaner – and produces much less CO2 – than burning coal
real - probably
generating vigour from fuel is about half as polluting as the use of coal.
however, fracking is somewhat greater advanced. The procedure comprises many times the usage of excessive power water to ruin up rocks so the fuel is released up the well.
despite the fact the water used itself returns to the floor nonetheless containing colossal quantities of methane. If here's now not captured, but launched into the air, it's 21 instances more polluting that Co2.
because of these so-known as 'fugitive emissions' some reports - including this examine of atmospheric facts round fracking wells with the aid of the US countrywide Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - has found shale to be virtually as bad for the local weather as coal.
This difficulty is exacerbated if we choose to import fuel from shale because the method of freezing and delivery gas can add 15-20% to it's lifecycle emissions depending on which power supply is used.
The trade has replied by suggesting that the place the fugitive methane is trapped and vented or used (so-referred to as green completions) the lifetime emissions are a ways lessen.
A fresh look at via MIT argued that fugitive emissions from shale had been drastically over-mentioned as a result of researchers had assumed these methods were now not used.
There doesn't yet appear to be any atmospheric information linked to extraction with eco-friendly completions. until then it continues to be likely shale is much less polluting than coal however is unknown through precisely how plenty.
8) In 2008 the cost of herbal fuel within the US became $8 a unit. it's now $three a unit.
again with the units (he potential mmBtu this time) however in no way mind. in reality the fee fell as little as $1.seventy three but has now risen to $3.30 and is anticipated to normal $3.49 in 2013, in comparison to $2.77 in 2012.
Some specialists, Exxon and the IEA have cautioned that it isn't in reality economic to drill for shale at under $3, with some wells needing over double that.
As a end result the number of drilling rigs in the US has virtually halved on account that the birth of the year with the EIA forecasting a drop in shale fuel creation in 2013.
9) on account of using fuel, the americans have cut their CO2 emissions to degrees now not seen due to the fact the Nineties, regardless of a transforming into population.
real - ish.
decrease gasoline expenses encourage vigor businesses to change from the usage of coal (low-priced) to gas (even more cost-effective).
This led the IEA to claim that shale fuel turned into the leading cause of a fall in US emissions in 2011. It wasn't - renewables have been extra tremendous - however it changed into definitely a contributing aspect.
As gasoline prices crashed firstly of 2012 they have been the primary explanation for an additional fall in emissions, however the US power assistance agency is now forecasting that the re-certain in US fuel fees - to ranges at which they're economic - will push emissions up in 2013.
All of this is assuming - as MIT do - that fugitive emissions from shale are widely controlled, as these aren't within the reliable records.
in brief, low gasoline expenditures have helped the USA cut its emissions, specially this yr, but it is an unreliable choice within the face of low-priced coal.
Carbon pricing, which makes gas permenantly more competative than coal, may well be seen as a extra authentic formula.
10) As for the anxieties about water poisoning or a murrain on the cattle, there were one hundred twenty five,000 fracks in the US, and never a single complaint to the Environmental protection company.
the USA EPA has recieved complaints about shale, like this one. UK rules could be likely to be more challenging than these in the US youngsters, probably reducing worries about localised environmental have an effect on - in line with the Royal Society and Royal Academy of Engineering. tougher law, besides the fact that children, can also also force up some fees.
Bonus round: do not tamper with the corsets of Gaia! Don’t probe her loamy undergarments with so a whole lot as a finger — or else the goddess of the earth will erupt with seismic revenge.
Um, we will assist you to choose this one. genuine or false? feedback under.
reality-assessments can, themsevles, be false. the nature of Mr Johnson's claims supposed this article had to move through greater than the regular number of unit coversions and so on. in case you've spotted an error get in contact and we will send you a chocolate.
FAC1502 UNISA examination – recommended solution query TWO – DEPRECIATION CALCULATIONS AND PROPERTY, PLANT AND gadget word PECCO SCRAP purchasers PROPERTY, PLANT AND device word – 31 AUGUST 2011 furnishings vehicles complete Carrying value at starting of year 336 750 283 200 619 950 can charge 385 000 352 000 737 000 gathered DEPRECIATION (forty eight 250) (68 800) (117 050) Additions 66 000 158 000 224 000 Disposals (77 900) (158 500) (236 four hundred) Depreciation (75 100) (seventy eight 450) (153 550) Carrying price at conclusion of yr 249 750 204 250 454 000 can charge 328 000 255 000 583 000 amassed DEPRECIATION (seventy eight 250) (50 750) (129 000) Depreciation Calculations: furniture motors furnishings offered 1 st vehicle offered 1 Sep 2009 – 31 Aug 2010 1 Sep 2009 – 31 Aug 2010 123 000 x 20/a hundred = 24 600 225 000 x 20/one hundred = 45 000 1 Sep 2010 – 30 June 2011 1 Sep 2010 – 31 Aug 2011 123 00 x 20/a hundred x 10/12 = 20 500 225 000 x 20/a hundred = 45 000 publication cost of bought furnishings e-book value of sold 1 st car 123 000 – (24 600 + 20 500) =seventy seven 900 225 000 – 90 000 = 135 000 2 ND car offered 31 Jul 2010 – 31 Aug 2010 30 000 x 20/one hundred x 1/12 = 500 1 Sep 2010 – 31 Aug 2011 30 000 x 20/100 = 6 000 book price of bought 1 st vehicle 30 000 – 6 500 = 23 500 historic furniture historic motors 385 000–123 000=262 000x20/one hundred=52 400 352 000-255 000=97 000x20/a hundred=19 four hundred New furnishings New automobiles sixty six 000 x 20/a hundred x 2/12 = 2 200 65 000 x 20/a hundred x 6/12 = 6 500 93 000 x 20/one hundred x 1/12 = 1 550 Depreciation for furnishings = 20 500 + fifty two 400 + 2 200 = seventy five one hundred Depreciation for motors = 45 000 + 6 000 + 19 four hundred + 6 500 + 1 550 = seventy eight 450 web page 2of 6